Followers

Saturday, June 25, 2005

FIND AN OLD HARDCOVER BOOK, SAY FROM THE SALVATION ARMY, GLUE IT, PIERCE IT, CUT IT, ADD COLLAGES, PAINTINGS, POEMS, PICTURES.....

and you have "Altered Book Art". I found myself early the other morning on the web reading the list of Meet Up Groups and came across, yep an altered book art Meet Up group . At least an hour or more had passed as I got lost in the ABA (altered book art) world of blogs and web pages. The example below is from one of many online.



OR USE FOR STORAGE ONLY.........

I tear photos of architecturally interesting buildings out of magazines and I've accumulated a rather thick pile of these pages. I've tried every way possible to keep these pages both organized and easily accessible, and making a visit to a thrift shop and picking up large used books, as in used atlas's for a couple of bucks each, using a wrinkle free paste glue and placing the magazine pages right to the book pages gives me a fast and easy filing system. Note, every few pages I take out a few of the books pages by using a utility knife and cutting right down at the binding of the used book.

No comments: