Followers

Sunday, November 20, 2005

DISCIPLINE TO FREEDOM


I have come to the realization over the last few days just how lazy I am, how, although I say I want to be awake, in truth, just how little I'm willing to commit to the goal of freedom from fear.
Then this admonition arrived in my email from a Wise and Great Teacher. Exactly what I needed to hear, exactly when I was ready to hear it. Dear Hafizullah, for the Inayat Khan AND the ZY Qigong, Thank you.

"The path of freedom does not lead
to the goal of freedom. It is the path of discipline which leads to the goal of liberty." ---Inayat Khan

And another beautiful take:

Truly, discipline is the road to liberation….
Sooner or later, without fail, every seeker
learns this. He comes to understand that by
applying himself to spiritual discipline he
is placing his life in God's hands. And at
that moment, his sadhana takes off.

--Gurumayi Chidvilasananda
Thanks to Bondzai

These two pointers arrived this morning.
Hello

No comments: